Knowing the signs of abuse when you or someone you love is in a relationship can be difficult. Here at R.I.S.E we have put together a list of common signs of abuse. The goal of the abuser is to take control and manipulate the victim to the extent of stealing their identity so they will not seek help and will stay in a cycle of abuse. The following list is not exhaustive but it is meant to provide the common signs to look for.
- Out of control anger directed to you
- Frequently checking up on you at your work place or school
- Name calling
- Demeaning comments
- Blames you for their actions
- Does not take responsibility for their actions
- Prevents you from spending time with your friends and family